Monday, June 18, 2012

Towel Throwing


For the most part I’ve tried to keep my posts on here either, informative, creative or light.  I think on the whole I’ve managed to succeed with that.  I’ve avoided relating the most extreme examples of BPD in my life.

The thing is that isn’t a real picture of BPD.  The intense emotions I experience and inner distress I live with are horrible.  I have placed a lot of hope in my ability to make DBT work for me.  Today I seriously doubt if I can do it.  DBT is very structured and I’m not used to it.  I want to kick against it – I want to throw in the towel – a great big wet, sweaty bath sheet at that!  I want to have a tantrum and scream at the DBT team.  Why?  Because I’m useless at it!

Then, having done that, I want to carry on with DBT as if nothing had happened, and, since life’s not like that, I will have to pick up that smelly old towel and throw it in all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment