Monday, April 16, 2012

Tale of a Shaggy Dog - part 5


Jake's closing comment

After the day I went upstairs by myself we were even closer.  She didn’t go to school as much after that.  She would dress for school, go out and come back once her mum left for work so we had whole days at home together.  That was lovely!  It was good to be with her and not locked in the kitchen all day.  She still seemed sad, but she kept her promise to me.  When she was really sad she started to get angry.  One time she even kicked me – I was scared and she was devastated.  After that she used to beat her arm against furniture.  She said she was trying to break it, and got upset when she couldn’t.  I didn’t really understand, but like she stuck around for me, so I stuck by her.

When she was sixteen her brother left home. It was a bit more peaceful after that.

When she was nearly eighteen I became ill.  My heart and kidneys were failing and I asked a friend to write this down to give her because I knew I would be leaving her soon.  I needed her to know I’m glad she stuck around for me and that I hope and pray someone does the same for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment